316/316L Stainless steel pipe China
- HDT steel
- Delivery time
- 7-15 days
- payment method
- T/T L/C
- Product customization
316/316L Stainless Steel Pipe Details
316/316L Stainless steel Pipe
Ferrite stainless steel, Magnetic, Austenitic stainless steel, Non-magnetic
No.1, No.4, 2B, BA, HL, 8K, Hairline, Mirror finish, Brush, Polished, Sand blast
ASTM/ AISI/ JIS/ EN/ DIN/ GB
Hot rolled/ Cold drawn
0.1mm-2000mm or as required
2. 316/316L stainless steel tube Chemical properties
The content of chemical elements in 316/316L stainless steel tube is closely related to the performance of stainless steel pipe.
3.316/316L stainless steel pipe forming process is generally divided into Cold Drawing, Joint Forming.
1).cold rolling cold drawing molding stainless steel pipe
At present, the production method of stainless steel shaped pipe is almost all cold drawing method. Cold drawing method is generally used for stainless steel shaped tube forming with small difference in wall thickness, symmetrical section and simple shape. The molding of 316L stainless steel shaped tube is mainly on the wall, so, the use of mandrel pulling method and multi-roll cold rolling method, with cold rolling method can be formed together. In addition, in all the cold drawing molding, the most widely used is the short mandrel drawing system. Long mandrel drawing system is seldom used because it needs to be removed after drawing. Note: 316L stainless steel special-shaped tubes are not normally drawn with empty and expanded diameters.
2) 316/316L stainless steel pipe combined molding
Stainless steel shaped tube joint forming is formed by multi - pass. By the method of hot processing of stainless steel tube to obtain different shape and different wall tube blank, and then through 2-3 cold drawing for shaping and improving the surface quality of products. General production of 316L stainless steel special-shaped pipe with large thickness difference of broken face wall, small proportion of thick wall part and asymmetric section. There are three common joint forming hair, extrusion, hot rolling, hot drawing. Let's separate the following:
Extrusion: this method can produce various types of stainless steel special-shaped pipe. Cold drawing is to produce stainless steel special-shaped tube billet by extrusion, and then control the shape and size of the product by cold drawing to achieve the effect of improving the surface quality.
4.316/316L Stainless Steel pipe application
At present, 316/316L stainless steel pipe is widely used in various fields,such as Water supply and drainage pipe, sprinkler irrigation system, fire pipe, petrochemical equipment, seawater desalination, power engineering, decoration design.
5. 316 and 316L stainless steel pipe difference
1. Molybdenum content in 316L stainless steel is slightly higher than that in 316 stainless steel.
2. The upper limit of C content for 316 is 0.08%, while the upper limit of C content for 316L is 0.03%. The higher the C content, the easier it is to induce intergranular corrosion.
The lower limits of tensile strength and yield strength of 3 and 16 are 515 and 205MPa respectively, and the lower limits of tensile strength and yield strength of 316L are 485 and 170MPa respectively.
4, About heat resistance. In the range of 800-1575 degrees, it is best not to continuously use 316 stainless steel, but in the temperature range outside the continuous use of 316 stainless steel, the stainless steel has good heat resistance. Carbide precipitation resistance of 316L stainless steel is better than that of 316 stainless steel.
5. Heat treatment different. Annealed in the temperature range of 1850-2050 degrees, then annealed rapidly, then cooled rapidly. 316 stainless steel should not be hardened by overheat treatment.
6. About Welding. 316 stainless steel has good welding performance and can be welded using all standard welding methods. In order to obtain the best corrosion resistance, the welding section of 316 stainless steel needs to be annealed after welding. Post weld annealing is not required if 316L stainless steel is used.
If you want to ask anything just fill in the form below and send us. We will contact you within 12 hours.
Write a review
- Carbon steel pipe
- Steel coil
- Steel sheet
- Stainless steel
- A335 P91 seamless steel pipe welding process
- Top 10 steel pipe manufacturers in world
- Stainless Steel hs code
- Galvanized steel pipe price philippines
- Stainless steel tube tolerance chart
- Schedule 10 Stainless steel pipe chart
- Hot dipped galvanized pipe philippines
- How to heat treat stainless steel pipe fittings?